top of page

This is the second death in Lviv Oblast after consuming mushrooms

A 69-year-old pensioner from Sambir Region died on the second day after consuming boiled mushrooms.

A man was collecting mushrooms in a forest near the village. On October 8, he consumed boiled collected umbrellas, chanterelles, and sedges.

The very next day, the first symptoms of poisoning appeared: nausea, vomiting, general weakness, loss of consciousness.

In the evening, the victim was hospitalized in intensive care at the Sambir Central Hospital.

Unfortunately, already on the second day, the man died from the toxic effects of the poisonous substances contained in the mushrooms.

In addition to the victim, mushrooms were consumed by two other people, who are fine.

This is the second death in Lviv Oblast after mushroom consumption.

Doctors recall the rules for collecting and consuming mushrooms:


Mushrooms are not recommended for pregnant women, breastfeeding women, and the elderly. You should not feed mushrooms or dishes made from them to children under 12 years old.


Try to abandon the consumption of wild mushrooms, replacing them with artificially grown ones, which are subject to control and sold in the trade network. Don't buy mushrooms at flea markets.


Collect only mushrooms you are familiar with. At the slightest doubt, immediately throw out the mushroom, do not leave it next to others. At home, check them again carefully: all questionable ones should be thrown away.


Do not take too young or old mushrooms - they are easily confused with poisonous ones.


Do not collect mushrooms near highways, industrial enterprises, polluted areas:

mushrooms absorb a wide range of toxic substances, including heavy metals.

Do not collect mushrooms in dry weather: at this time, the mushroom dries out, giving up water and increasing the concentration of toxins.


Do not taste raw mushrooms.

Cook mushrooms within the first day after harvesting. Boil them at least three times, each time in fresh salted water for at least half an hour.

Store dishes with mushrooms in the refrigerator in enameled dishes for no more than a day.


Symptoms of mushroom poisoning:

nausea and vomiting;

sharp pain in the stomach;

diarrhea;

dizziness;

increase in body temperature;

decrease in pulse;

stuffiness;

convulsions;

outflow of blood from the extremities (cold hands and feet);

delirium, hallucinations.


If you have any of the following symptoms, call your doctor immediately! Do not engage in self-medication, it is life-threatening!


More at the link of the Public Health Center: http://surl.li/kxmsr

0 views0 comments

Comments


We recommend

No posts published in this language yet
Once posts are published, you’ll see them here.
bottom of page