top of page

Mushroom season has begun. How to protect yourself from poisoning

Mushrooms can be potentially dangerous for human health and life if the rules of collection, storage and processing are violated.

Among the 3,000 varieties of mushrooms, only 400 are edible.

In 2022, 10 people suffered from mushroom poisoning in Lviv Oblast. Two of them are children.

Rules for collecting and preparing mushrooms from specialists of the Lviv Regional Center for Disease Control and Prevention of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine:




















You should not feed mushrooms or dishes made from them to children under 12 years old.

Mushrooms can cause allergies, they are not recommended for use by pregnant women, women who are breastfeeding, as well as the elderly.

Most often, poisonings occur due to the similarity of edible and poisonous mushrooms, which contain toxins.

You can also get poisoned by edible mushrooms if they have not undergone proper heat treatment or grown in contaminated areas.

In overripe and stale mushrooms, or when they are dried incorrectly, toxins formed as a result of the breakdown of proteins accumulate.


Symptoms of mushroom poisoning may appear as early as 30 minutes after consumption, or even later - for several days.


Symptoms: sharp abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, increased body temperature, decreased pulse, convulsions.


First aid for mushroom poisoning:

urgently call 103

take a sorbent;

rinse the stomach with water;

adhere to bed rest;

drink plenty of water and cool tea.


Do not self-medicate! This is dangerous for life!


For more details, see the link: http://surl.li/kxmsr

2 views0 comments

Comments


We recommend

No posts published in this language yet
Once posts are published, you’ll see them here.
bottom of page