top of page

A couple of pensioners from the Lviv region were poisoned by fermented milk

This is the first case of mushroom poisoning this year in Lviv Oblast.

A couple of pensioners from Truskavets were admitted to the hospital after consuming fermented foods.

According to the victims, the mushrooms were collected on the outskirts of Truskavets. The gruzdi were fermented and tasted on September 2. The very next day, the wife was the first to complain of stomach pain and diarrhea.

A 73-year-old woman sought medical help on the third day. She was hospitalized in the infectious disease department of one of the district hospitals of the region. However, after 4 days, the victim's condition worsened and she was transferred to the intensive care unit. The patient's condition is serious.

The husband had the same complaints a week after consuming mushrooms. He was hospitalized on September 11, Monday. Doctors assess the condition as of medium severity.

All necessary medical assistance is provided to the injured.


We remind you that in 2022, 7 centers of mushroom poisoning were registered in Lviv Oblast. 10 people were injured, including two children.


Symptoms of mushroom poisoning can appear anywhere from 30 minutes to several days after consumption, depending on the type of mushroom.



These can be:

nausea;

vomit;

sharp pain in the stomach;

diarrhea;

dizziness;

increase in body temperature;

dyspnea;

convulsions;

violation of blood circulation and cooling of the limbs;

delusions, hallucinations.


Are there such symptoms in a person who recently ate mushrooms? Call 103 immediately!


While you are waiting for the ambulance, you need to drink several glasses of water at room temperature.

Do not throw away the remains of mushrooms - the analysis will help doctors quickly determine the type of poison that entered the body.

Importantly! Poisonous mushrooms are not the only danger lurking in the woods during wartime. Remember the rules of mine safety and under no circumstances enter areas that are prohibited in your community.


Source: Center for Public Health http://surl.li/lblrx

0 views0 comments

Comments


We recommend

No posts published in this language yet
Once posts are published, you’ll see them here.
bottom of page